Five Ways BOTOX® Cosmetic Enhances Your Facial Appearance
By now, BOTOX has become a household name, and it’s easy to see why. At Plastic Surgery Vegas, our award-winning team of board-certified plastic surgeons and licensed medical injectors are proud to help patients look and feel better than ever with a wide range of the most cutting-edge treatments and procedures available in Las Vegas, NV, including BOTOX injections. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of BOTOX, including five ways this exciting injectable wrinkle relaxer can refresh your look.
How does BOTOX work?
It is important for patients considering BOTOX injections to understand what the product is, how it works, and what it is designed to do. First and foremost, patients should keep in mind that BOTOX is an injectable wrinkle relaxer and not a filler, meaning it is not an alternative to JUVÉDERM®. Unlike fillers, which add volume to the face and smooth deep wrinkles and facial folds, injectable wrinkle relaxers aim to smooth out dynamic lines and wrinkles. BOTOX, which is injected into the muscle, works by binding to neuroreceptors and temporarily “freezing” the muscle. With the muscle forcibly relaxed, the surface lines appear much smoother and, in some cases, are completely invisible.
How can BOTOX help my look?
Five of the most compelling benefits of Las Vegas BOTOX injections include:
- Smooth forehead lines: Brow lines are arguably the most common complaint that brings patients in for BOTOX. When you raise your eyebrows, do you see deep horizontal lines? Are those lines still visible when you relax your brow? If so, you may benefit from BOTOX injections.
- Improve glabellar lines: Frowning or scrunching your eyebrows together contributes to the development of vertical lines between the brows, also known as 11 lines or glabellar lines. These can be dramatically improved with BOTOX.
- Reduce Crow’s feet: Lines and wrinkles around the eyes when you smile, called Crow’s feet, are a major source of frustration and can make patients look older than they actually are. With BOTOX, Crow’s feet can be significantly reduced.
- Soften your overall look: Dynamic facial lines contribute to an old, tired, worn-down, and even angry look. By softening these lines with BOTOX, patients often look more rested and refreshed overall.
- Prevent lines and wrinkles: In many cases, BOTOX can be used as a preventive treatment to discourage the development of dynamic lines and/or to slow their progression. In fact, patients in their 20s and 30s are routinely using preventive BOTOX injections to get a head start on anti-aging treatments and prevent wrinkles before they form.
How long does BOTOX last?
Patients will begin to notice the effects of BOTOX about 4 – 7 days after treatment. Depending on the number of units injected, the severity of their concerns, how quickly their body breaks down the product, and other factors, patients can typically expect BOTOX to last for about 3 – 4 months before a repeat treatment may be needed.
Send your confidence through the roof with BOTOX injections in Las Vegas, NV
If you are self-conscious about your lines and wrinkles or simply want to get a jump start on your anti-aging routine, BOTOX can help. To learn more about the age-defying benefits of BOTOX injections, call Plastic Surgery Vegas to schedule your private consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons, award-winning providers, or certified medical injectors today!